Monday, March 1, 2010

For When I Am Weak, Then I Am Strong

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. This is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" -2 Corinithians 12:9-10

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:17-18

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." - 2 Corinthians 4:7-9


i must say, 2 corinthians is one of my favorite books in the bible.
(hm, or i guess it has most of my favorite lines?)
what i like so much about 2 corinthians is that, i dunno if this is just me, but i get such a strong feeling of hope.

today i wanted to focus on how God uses tribulations to really strengthen us. and i know when we're going through tough times and we're feeling weak, we should know that 1)it's in these times that God's power rests most heavily on us 2)our problems are only momentary for soon we will reach eternal glory and 3)though we may be crushed, we will never be destroyed.

therefore, i urge you all. have hope! and rejoice-- as best you can-- in moments of weakness and trail.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I love 2 Corinthians.
    This is such a happy post. I like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is good stuff! i just discovered this blog but i LOVE it!! i think i might copy you actually and do something similar. This is great. Very uplifting and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete