Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Ultimate Getaway

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:17

lately, i've been really tired. inexplicably so. there have been no changes in my sleeping pattern, i still get the generous 5 or 6 hours of sleep and i dont do anything strenuous that'd wear me down. so why? WHYY?
i know that this isn't exactly the same kind of "weary" that the Bible's getting at but reading this passage just relieved me so much. it's pretty amazing to think that when you're burdened and weary with so much, excuse the language, but so much CRAP. God will come and take it from you. can you imagine how relieving that'd be? just imagine carrying, hmm.. what's heavy..., imagine carrying an ELEPHANT on your back. you HAVE to hold that elephant... all the way to your next class at school. this means you have to go through stairs, crowds, bustling people. now imagine you're halfway there and you are really dying. not sure if you can go another step and Jesus Christ, himself, comes and gets rid of the elephant for you. having all of that off your back would be heavenly no? (excuse my pun). that sense of relief and just letting go of all that stress and tension.. NOW IMAGINE! where did that elephant go? WHAT? Jesus Christ is holding that elephant FOR you! and he just traded with you. you get to let go of that elephant and instead be tied with Christ. then you get to walk sidebyside with him, working together and carrying a waay lighter load. win win no?

now replace the elephant with ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. replace the yoke with your faith. you give up your problems to be with God. how can you REFUSE?



sorry that this post wasnt as, um, focused as the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment